Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time. Do you have some? Can I borrow it?

Do you ever feel like there's just not enough time in the day?? Of course you do...we all do. I hate it that I finally get everything that I've been meaning to do done and feel really great...but then two days later I'm back to feeling the same way of,"Gosh I need to do that, but I really don't want to".
There's still a list of
people I should have called back 2 weeks ago,
someone I should have visited a month ago,
a book I wanted to read and got halfway through and now would have to start at the very beginning again to even remember what I read the first time.
There's still a list of
projects to get done for school,
papers to write,
tests to study for,
letters to write for my upcoming nursing trip to the Middle East.
There's a list of
things that I want to know more about just for my own personal gain,
a list of new crafts or food I want to try and make.
And then there's
the never ending thought on the list,

"Read my Bible more. Spend more time with Christ. Love others more".

I guess that is just how life goes. There's always one more thing to do, one person we should have taken more time for, one more craft we should have taken the time to learn. So...I'm so sorry if you're that person that I should have called or visited...it's just been one of those lives! I'll get to it soon, I promise.

In other news, I did cross off a few things on my list over this break. And here they are:

I've been meaning to get this apron done forever so I can try and sell it! It's not even that it was that hard, I just couldn't find a time to sit down and do it. But here it is...and I was quite pleased with how it turned out.



And finally, I made this tasty little cake for a family reunion this past weekend (although I didn't eat any of it knowing how many sticks of butter I used and I'm not a big fan of icing either!) . It was a butterscotch pecan cake that was the dessert of the month in my Martha Stewart Magazine. Oh how I love Martha. I think everyone enjoyed it...and I'm glad they did.

Well, I hope that you find the time to get everything on your list done. And I hope that the things on your list are not all work but that your list is full of things that make your life more beautiful. I am thankful most of the things on my list make my life more beautiful. Peace to you my friend.

2 comments:

cosas del mar said...

i love the apron, and you always amaze me by how much you actually get done in a day. love and miss you.

reeseann said...

you are a pretty person. and im proud that you are my friend. and you can borrow my time whenever you need it :) love you.