Sunday, September 20, 2009

I’d noticed that his eyes were black – coal black.

As promised...to all three of you reading this...I am beginning the week of new posts! Today's post is about reading. This is the fun little book I've been reading lately:


Indeed, it is true...I have given in. I'm only on the fourth chapter, but so far it's been pretty interesting. It is fun to read something a tad more entertaining and nonsignificant than all of my nursing books. Maybe when I'm finished I'll even have something insightful to share!

I love reading, but I often times don't make it enough of a priority. Don't you just love how reading takes you to a completely different place from where you are currently? I think that is one of the best things about books. So, if you haven't taken the time lately, you should find something fun and a bit inconsequential to escape from real life for a bit.


In somewhat similar news, have you heard about this?:
http://trueslant.com/nickobourn/2009/09/20/phillys-near-loss-of-its-entire-library-system/

I first read about this several days ago. At the time of the first article I read, it was certain that the Philadelphia free library system would be shutting down, doing away with all book loans, after school programs, and cutting nearly 3000 jobs. But today, thankfully I have read that the budget bill, number 1828, was passed in the state senate by a vote of 32-17. How sad to think that there were actually 17 people who wanted to do away with this wonderful free service. It made me appreciate our own library system here in OKC that I have been frequenting lately.

Well, that is pretty much all I have for today! Tonight I will continue my trek that began this weekend to mastering a french pastry. More on that Wednesday!

Have a lovely Monday!

*twilight photo found here

1 comment:

reeseann said...

Im sorry my dough hook couldnt be of service to you, but i can not wait to hear about your chocolate croissants were amaaaaazing :)